Visit to Lucknow !


I visited Lucknow on March 1st...It was my first visit to this city..I havent heard much about lucknow..but as I was supposed to go there for my sister's wedding..i decided to dig out some information...but i wont type out what all info i looked for...i just want to write my experience over there..


Lucknow....the airport...well the moment i landed at Lucnkow Airport...i was shocked !! I have never see such an airport in my life...so unclean..untidy...it was really shocking for me....I sat in the car..and was on way to the hotel..The city is filled with politics politics politics...

Lucknow is the capital for all political activities in India...Instead of watching hoardings of consumer products what I saw was all about politics...there were large hoardings of mayawati...at every corner of this city...

The roads are quite good in some areas...the city isnt much clean..but what really attracted me here was the cuisine !! Amazing especially if you are a Non - Vegetarian...

The places were i roamed were..Hazratganj,Gomtipur,Riverbank colony,Immambara and some more..

Hazratganj is a commercial place..a mall called saharaganj is located there...Lucknow has got a lot of influence of Sahara group ...I visit TUNDAY's KABAB here...and ate various types of kabab...the best of the best were the Galauti kabab...ummmm amazing...never ever had eaten such kababs in my life...totally differen in taste....

If you happen to visit lucknow dont forget to visit and EAT kababs at TUNDAY's KABAb..moving ahead..the sweets and jalebi's of Chappan Bhog...and any any cuisine at the Royal Cafe...the cuisine of lucknow is known as AVADHI cuisine..as the ciy falls in the AVADH region of Uttarpradesh...

The city has got some amazing places to visit...like immambara and residency...

I visited immambara...well nothing can be explained in words..what all i say is its a must visit place...its huge !!

Overall the city is not safe at all....my relatives warned me not to move out after 9pm....and for girls the deadline reduces to 8pm...!!

The lucknow railway station is eye-catching...its much better n bigger than the airport !!

To end..I wud say..lucknow is more of a ancient types city...a historical touch can still be seen in various parts of the city....

No comments: