Azure....

Azure...well this is a call centre..where i worked for 2 months...I want to share my experience in this US based international call center in Ahmedabad..


I had completed my 12th board exams...and was wondering what the hell to do in the vacations...I was passing by through GNFC info tower...and suddenly saw an advertisement over there asking for fresh young enthusiastic talent...I applied for this post..I appeared for the interview...got selected ...

Now let me tell you about Azure..this is basically a very renowned BPO in Ahmedabad...
This call centre deals with various types of services for companies based in US, GERMANY, UK, Australia ...
I was selected for the U.S.A..The domains were for Mortgage, telecom, Gas...etc etc..
I joined the mortgage campaign...mortgage is basically dealing with processing loans for buying homes...

So it became mandatory for us to know US English...the accent training took about 12 days...and we also had to go through the product training of mortgage...

After about 15 days of training..it was time to hit the floor...

Talking to Americans is reall fun..especially when you are getting paid for it..hahah .ya it includes all the bloody bullshit slang you hear..but believe me those slangs were worth listening !!!

At 10 pm ...I used to enter the office...and leave for home at 7 AM...we used to get a break of about 10 mins for three times...but we used to extend it to 20 mins...break included tea, snacks..and a complimentary breafast at the end...we had an option for one meal ..either dinner or breakfast...since i loved my dinner at home..i chose for breakfast...after hours of calling..we all friends used to chat a lot over the breakfast ...

My name was kevin williams ...this is how i represented my self in front of the Americans..." Hi..this is kevin williams calling frm alansis incorporated...this call is regarding a mortgage plan on you house ...blah blah blah..."

We used to call mainly california for the campaign..but we did cover the entire US..rite frm newyork to alaska...

We had to be know all the state capitals..the time zone they fell in ...

America is filled up with 30% spanish speaking population...so it was important for us to know Espanol...ola ? ..buenos tardes...me nombre ankit..yo ablando alansis compania de la casa...quanto tasa de intresas? ..enough of spanish..


so learning spanish was a very good experience...Calling hours to USA daily wasnt tiring...just because of the customers..as they were so so entertaining...we used to get many many indians too...most of them gujju's ...and it used to be hillarious speaking to them...

Most of the cell phone companies in America charge for incoming calls..so if a call used to be on somebody's mobile..we used to get a big one...ya a big one indeed....

At Azure, it was not just work work work...we had lots of parties...outings...every firday used to be muzik nights..with guitar ...I met some very interesting people here...the experience was amazing...

If you get an opportunity..do work in a call centre..its real fun...!!!

No comments: