The Kingfisher RED experience



I am very particular about anything and everything...I mean the service....be it travelling in auto or airlines...In december 2008, I travelled from Ahmedabad to Bangalore on Kingisher RED ( formerly Air DECCAN ).

Flight no. IT 3103...I had done my reservation online..and I also choose my seat no. as 26 A...a window seat...but when I did my check in..the seat no. in my boarding pass was 7 D...I was surprised as how can my seat no. change if I have booked it in advance..I told the officer that I had choosen my seat no. as 26 A...she was confused and told " My system shows that 26 A is occupied by someone else "...

What the hell is this ??? I called the senior officer of Kingfisher at the Ahmedabad Airport...he asked me to go for a similar seat..just the next row ...i.e. 27 A...Though I was not satisfied..I took the seat..Now as soon as I got inside the aircraft and took my seat and new era of problems began...The seat was not reclining at all...So uncomfortable..I immediately complained to the Airhostess...she was least concerned...I called her again..and then she told me to wait for five mins..After five mins I asked her to repair the seat or change my seat ...She told me to wait for some more time as passengers were boarding into the aircraft..Finally the flight took off ( ON TIME ) with me sitting on a NON RECLINING seat....I again called the airhostess ( this time a different beauty )...she somehow managed to give me another seat...and guess what that one too had mechanical problems !! They were really pissed off !! I just blasted on the entire Crew of that flight..She told me Sorry so so so politely and a lot of pain..I could feel that..I managed to keep quite as the other passengers were getting disturbed.it was an early morning flight and no one was in a mood to listen my harsh voice..



Now the food...They served idli sambhar..food wasnt upto mark...in terms of taste..A juice was also served in tetra pack..Now this tetra pack was not at all in a good condtion, i returned the juice and asked for a new one...thankfully she had it..!

Bangalore was close....I was just resting...when suddenly one of the crew members came and asked me..." Are you comfortable sir ? " I said not at all...she said sorry to me..and went off...finally the aircraft landed ( ON TIME )...and the airhostess apologised me for such a poor service..I said it wont make any difference to my grievances..



Now this is the scenario of Indian Aviation...not just kingfisher..the scene is same with all Low Cost Carriers..Not just low cost carriers..but infact all...They say customer is the king...But I dont think that in India ..Customer is the king...There is a loot more to improve in terms of service ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very well written.
i agree totally!