SOCIAL NETWORKING AND LIFE

I would like to share my views and experience about social networking...
There are many incidents I want to share....this is just one of those...

A few months back I was planning to give IBSAT...icfai entrance exam...so i logged into orkut..and searched for ibsat...I could get all the details regarding IBSAT from the icfai community...I interacted with the icfai ex- students they told me about the exams...

Next was the results..and the call later...we were supposed to go Hyderabad for our Micro presentation and Interviews..

By Orkut.com...I was able to know which student is coming from which city...which college...what background...how they look...whats their age...which topic they were going to speak on...what was the content of their topic...what was their date of interview ...

thats not the end..

I also came to know their mode of transport...the hotel they were going to stay in...the dress they were going to wear...

All this ...well in advance ...just by the power of social networking website - Orkut !

I believe from one way its good...but from the other side..its not good as the CURIOSITY just vanishes away....

The curiosity which I used to have earlier before visiting any new place is all gone..Now i know everything well in advance..!!

I will be joining IBS -BAGALORE from 1st may...but see the effect of social networking..I have already chatted with about 150 students out of the 400 students about to join the campus...

I have come to know A to Z of the Campus..the food..the hostels..the flats..the area...the internet facilities..the pubs ...faculties...all just by interacting with the Seniors...

Who needs a broker ?? We can get it direct from Orkut..many brokers have joined the icfai community to earn money..by giving leads of various flats with rates..and no surprises left ! they have even uploaded the pictures of each and every flat with a 360 degree view !!!

I think nothing is left to know now...I havent visited bangalore ever since past 10 years...but with the help of orkut...now I know each n everything about the city...Thanks to the Communities such as Bangalore food junctins...Bangalore City...etc etc...

Apart from social networking there is something more to add spice in this game..
with sites like wikimapia I also saw my campus..and its near by places ...

And google Earth helped me calculate all the distances...Right from VASTRAPUR to ICFAI BANGALORE !!..from airport to my hostel...from station to my auntys home..and what not..

A day is going to come soon..when everyone would be knowing the next person on road...

The Charm of 1st day of College is not going to be so Vibrant as it could have been if there was no orkut today ...

Whatever I wrote above is not just with my college..today this is the situation for all colleges...Every Student is doing the same thing ..be it IIT ..NIT...MICA...NIRMA...NID...or apna PT !! ..

Now thats what I call Social Networking Effect !!

1 comment:

Ruchee Soni said...

yeah, u r right,Ankit. Thats truely helpful.. This was the same case wid me.. Few months back i collected tremendous info thru orkut for one of the institutes i wanted to join in Pune.. u won't believe it, I didnt know even the full name of the institute.. n tried on orkut without any hopes of getting info from thr.. But My God.. it helped me like anything.. i did communicate with all students n x-studentes n few of the professors as well of that institute.. got all info which i wanted..n then I joined the Institute.. gone thr for giving exams..
I agree with u..
N its good to know bout ur experiences of social networking.. Hoping u to share more of ur experiences.. Keep it up.. n Enjoy..!!